Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They're talking about me not to me

I've decided to write document the process of my book writing and researching.

Grapefruit for pre-breakfast snack

Meditation for half hour

Sat down, googled and and i find a whole bunch of literature from marketing research companies. Fun to read because I'm pretty sure they're talking about me. But somehow who I am, how I came to be me, is discussed in marketing terms. "Gen X is difficult to market to because they're individual and like niches" - well duh! Of course ironically, here I am creating something for 23 - 40 year olds and am deliberately looking at this marketing literature. What I loved was that google also picked up on some blog postings that made me feel that there was something real out there. Biting social commentary here and personal confessions there.

Breakfast - opened up my fridge for a squiz - followed my body's craving for green leafies - had steamed silverbeet and carrot with quinoa within 15 minutes (whilst reading web articles) - but wait, if i were to jazz this up for my book, i'd say Warm Silverbeet, Carrot and Quinoa Salad flavoured with pumpkin seed oil, sea salt and sunflower seeds - all organic of course.

Then back to the table for more market research

Lunch - Essene bread (rye) with a light vegetarian Tom Yum paste spread topped with avocado, with a side of cos lettuce leaves. Took all of about 5 min to prepare, plus 3 min to grill the bread to perfection whilst still reading web articles. I was running late for my chinese doctor's apointment so I actually bunged this all on a nice plate, and ate it on the tram, then the train. I think people were jealous. The plate went back in my bag in a re-used plastic bag.

I don't know what dinner will be. Having a boyfriend who lives the other side of town requires some ingenuity - that's if I want to have food the way I like it.

1 comment:

kalliopi said...

welcome to the world of blogging Michelle!
it's a bit like talking to yourself..hmmm